Friday, September 17, 2010

Brothers!!

I just love the ages of my boys right now!! They are soooo different and sooo fun in each their own way!!
I am not one to whine and complain.....
BUT......they are sooo short tempered with each other! :( They know each other sooo well that the "buttons" to be pushed are being pushed EVERY day!! They still do great things for each other to help each other out - but when it comes to words we are not nice at all!
I think I am going insane some days.....
I keep reminding myself that YES they will love each other someday!! :)

I want to teach kindness and not rudeness!! I need to think of some sort of punishment to put in place for our home that will be effective and show God's love. I want to beleive that this behavior is only because they are "brothers" and that they do show love to others outside of each other.

Let me know your ideas for three great boys who are not being good "brothers"!

2 comments:

The Caldwells said...

I am not as far down the road in parenting boys are you are... but my boys seem to be very similar to yours! They really do love each other, but when they are pushing buttons... it's with words. I ask them if they would like to hear daddy calling me names or talking rude to me... how would they feel if they saw me cry because of that... and of course their response is that would be horrible, make them sad too,etc. So I tell them it breaks my heart too and even more so it breaks Jesus' heart. That has some effect on a 6 & nearly 4 yr. old, so I don't know anything about teens/preteens. Praying for you :)

KenandChristina said...

We have a "kind words" jar. Whenever I catch a kid saying something unkind to their brother or sister, they have to put a quarter in the jar. It doesn't seem like much at first, but after a few days, those quarters start to hurt. You can decide to use the money for a mission project or just a mom break. It has definitely helped in the Williams house!