Saturday, September 20, 2008

SOCCER!!

WOW!! What a full day! I am exhausted! Damon and Dylan both had to be at the fields by 8:30 this morning. Damon had a game at 9:00 and Dylan had a game to ref at 9:00 - so we walked between fields(having all 3 boys play each year we are very used to this!). Damon's team is very good and they won 8 to 0. He didn't win any games last year so this was a very welcome change.

He hasn't played "goalie" before so he is loving this too.



Then there's Dyaln - "the Ref"!!! LOL



We also had a little break - so we ran over to get some very delicious Hopkins County Stew! I say "we" but that is not totally acurate - Dylan never got to leave the fields, he had a booked day of reffing. Sorry Dylan - but before you start feeling bad for him, Dakota and Damon both saved some stew for him. Angie and her crew always do a great job! Sorry so busy eating and helping Damon that I forgot to take any pictures - maybe next year!


And now back to the Soccer fields - Dylan had his own game to play at 3:30. They have an older team and 4 of the 7 players are Mexican so they are very good. They told Dylan that his skills are too good for a "white" boy so they call him the "Albino Mexican" - this cracks me up every time I think about it!!LOL He scored 3 goals of his own - but every player except one scored so you guessed it - they won 15 - 0!

Dakota was along for the ride today - no games for him, yet! His first game is on Monday and then again on Thursday - so he'll be busy this week! I love this time of year!!

Home Sweet Home! 5:30 - Just in time for dinner and oh yeah to study my Caraway script! on to another busy Sunday!

1 comment:

The Caldwells said...

I just played catch up on your blog and what absolute fun you guys seem to have. You are a great mom and I love your enthusiasm for your boys and what interests them. I can't believe we used to have them in Awana/Cubbies. Time has flown! We miss you all and hope you come see us one day. Thanks for the encouragement on my blog too :)