Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Husband - My Hero

I had eye surgery last Friday and was it an experience!! To say the least my "recovery" time was a little difficult. The doctor said that a small percentage say that it is the worst experience of their life - YES that was me! Well, my wedding vows came to mind - you know the part about "in sickness and in health". I could not open my eyes for approx. 24 hours and also in extreme pain. Jeremy came and basically helped me keep from going insane. He made sure my meds were taken at EXACTLY the right times, made sure the kids were taken care of, and helped me with everyting (I will never take "seeing" for granted ever again!), he held me until sleep came my way, he spoon fed me potato soup, and most importantly he prayed for me. I am sure he did a lot more - but I can't remember much more - the days are all a blur.
And now it is Tuesday and I am doing much better! Halleluiah!!!! I was very worried there for awhile.
My husband - my hero! I can never thank him enough for everything he does, not only when I'm sick, but every other day too! My husband is the most awesome man and I just want him to know how much I love him!!!!!!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Ahh...man! I am sorry you recovery has been so rough! Of course you would be that small percentage huh! I am glad your husband took such good care of you. We have been praying for you and he kept us informed.

F. Deaton said...

Yay for Jeremy! I am SO relieved you are feeling better. I think you both are awesome! Love you!