Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Anniversary!

I've been thinking about our upcoming 18th anniversary alot lately............in this world and at this time it really is a rare thing to find a couple that has stayed married to their first love for 18 years. It is a sad thing to think about all the many broken marriages of today.........it wasn't God's plan for a marriage to be broken. Coming from a broken marriage as a child, I know firsthand how difficult this is growing up. Not knowing where you "fit" in a blended family is a hard thing to face as a child.
When people ask how long I've been married and I say "18 yrs", they are surprisingly shocked. To me, there isn't any reason for shock.........but then I realized that I have been married for exactly half my life now! How amazing these years have been and how fast they have gone.......
I am so very thankful for my husband! He is my rock! God knew exactly the man I needed to help me through this amazing life......... I pray for him daily as he leads our family and I think this helps me to stay focused on how I can help him each day. God has blessed our marriage and I pray we have many many more years together........
I am also very thankful for his parents and the love they have for each other! They demonstrate the unending love that a marriage should have. The unconditional love that a strong marriage is built on. They have been such an awesome example for me as I have strived for that kind of love and marriage.
I'm not saying our marriage is always rosy.........we have our differences, but in the end we love each other sooo much! He knows when and how to always get a smile out of me.......he knows right away if I've had a bad day, he always takes care of me, he loves me..........
I know, I know.....quit all the mushy stuff, right!!?? Well, I guess to those of you that know us well, you know that Jeremy and I were made for each other!! LOL!! We are goofy kids at heart........and I hope we always will be!!!!!!!!!

No comments: