Tuesday, May 15, 2012

School's Out!!!

YES, I am still alive and breathing!!! LOL!! I haven't blogged since I started school........never ever imagined myself as a full-time wife, mother, teacher AND full-time college student all at the same time!! But I did survive the first semester and did rather well if I may say so myself. :) I ended with three A's and a C (teacher did not allow me to turn in an assignment after due date while I was in Tx for a funeral) OH WELL!!! I am not one to take grades lightly so this really bummed me out for awhile but I am now at the point where I can say "oh well......I did my best". I now have one month to "rest" before I start my next semester in June. And wouldn't you know, it starts right in the middle of our vacation to Tx!! Too funny!!
How is the C25K going? Well, it is going very slowly.......with school and a trip to TX, I have really gotten behind. I am on w4d1........and going tonight!! I have also had some trouble with my hip hurting after I run.........so hopefully I can take it slow and avoid any further pain there.
Our house hunt was put on "hold" for now.........need to pay off van before going forward. Yes, it is a BIG bummer for us but I am trying to put it in God's hands. We are currently renting a very small house that we hardly fit in at all. I'm not saying that I need a huge house just one that we can fit in comfortably. One that we can all sit in the same room together would be nice. One that we can sit around the dinner table together each night. These simple things are things that I miss since moving into a small house. You would think a smaller house would bring a family closer together but since we don't all fit in the same room we can't really have open family conversations anymore. Two boys are off in one room and one is always outside and then, well, you get the point : never all together!! This is a daily thing for me......owning our own house has been a HUGE dream for us for a very long time and it is sooooo hard to wait! I just want to be able to have those memories with the boys before they are gone off on their own. I know it's pretty selfish but it is a dream of mine.......
Summer Plans........we are taking a vacation to Texas (sounds funny to say that, after living there for so long!!) then the boys are staying in Tx an additional two weeks with Memaw and Papa! They are sooo excited - to say the least! J and I will have two weeks with no boys.......we will have a very strangely quiet home!!! Then we have church camp to New Mexico......Memaw and Papa are coming to stay the week with Damon......he is one excited grandboy to have them all to himself for a week!!!!!!
Well, that's all for now! Hopefully It won't be so long in between blog posts again!!! LOL!!!!

No comments: