Saturday, October 18, 2008

All in a Week

WOW - it all started on Saturday when we were finishing up our busy soccer-filled day. We were watching Dylan play his game. Damon was playing with some friends on the next field - when all of a sudden we realized he was hurt. He had run (full speed) into the goal post. He was bleeding from his head quite alot. After washing him up we saw that it was a little cut on the side of his head. Major headache for a couple of days! My poor Baby!

MONDAY - (as per Damon) I walked into my classroom and I saw "West" on the bulletin board. I looked again and I saw"Damon" and then I saw my picture! I was the Star Student and I get to bring home the sign to put out in the yard!
Dakota played his game and he had to play the entire game - we only had one sub who showed up after the game started! We won 5-3! Dakota played an awesome game - he had so much hustle - we were very proud of his focus on the game.



Dylan was reffing a game on Monday night when he told us - "Oh by the way our football game was moved from Thurs. night to tomorrow night in Canton at 5:00" No problen we can all change our work schedules on a dime! Thank you Melanie for your patience with us! Lately YES we can and have - we have learned just how flexible we can be!



Tuesday - Damon trying to find the "best spot" for his sign! He was so excited!

We went to Canton - Jeremy actually thought about not going - it turned out to be the best game of the season - not competition - but definitely a spirit booster for our team!



Yes you are reading this right - we won! Dylan caught a 7 yard pass and the proud Dad couldn't stop himself from yelling "Go West!" (all team members are known by their last name) He was so very glad he went to that game! After the game we had the best family dinner at Juanitas in Canton. It was not only great food but we were kind of "celebrating" a fun, no worries game!


The rest of the week was as usual with practices and more school pictures(football this week).


On friday I went to have lunch with my STAR STUDENT! He wanted DQ - so I picked up 2 kids meals and we enjoyed a great lunch together. Congratulations Damon!!!


Now it is Saturday and we are getting ready to start it all over again! Fall weather is perfect for a day of soccer enjoyment - here we go!

1 comment:

The 4 Baiers said...

I always have room for patience! It is the least I can do for you! You do such a wonderful job with my girls! I could not ask for a better person to watch over my girls for me while I am at work! I just hope you know I will return the favor at any time, you just let me know. You are such a blessing to me personally and to my family. I appreciate your willingness to help me out and serve others in every aspect. Thank YOU!